Saturday 14 November 2009

Christy Awards Reading Challenge


Did you know there are annual awards for books considered the best in Christian Fiction? Yep, the Christy Awards, named in honour of Catherine Marshall's novel of the same name and her dedication to the growth of Christian Fiction.

Two of my favourite blogging friends, Amy and Deborah, together with Shauna have created
The Christy Awards Reading Challenge, a reading challenge that spotlights Christian Fiction and the nominees and winners of the prestigious Christy Award, over the past ten years. You can pick your challenge and read as many or as few books as you like, and you've got just a little over a year to do it. Here are the levels you can choose from:~

Total Christian Fiction Newbie

This is only for those who have read no Christian fiction before...the challenge is to read one book from any of the Christy Awards Winners!

Baby Steps

1st Tier - 2009 Favorite Category Read All Nominated Books 3-4 books
2nd Tier - Any ONE Years Favorite Category - 3-4 Books or mix 3-4 winners from any category

It's All in the Winners

3rd Tier- 2009 Winners - 9
4th Tier- Any ONE Year's Winners 7-9 or mix'n'match 7-9 winners

Dedicated

5th Tier - Read 2009/or ANY Year All Books 36-40 Books

Hardcore

6rd Tier - Read all the nominees in your favorite category
7th Tier - Read all of the winners in every category

The Christy Challenge--Perpetual Challenge

Read all of the books nominated and awarded the Christy challenge throughout the course of your lifetime.
You can browse the list of 2000-2009 Winners and Nominees here before you make the decision on which level you'd like to challenge yourself. Given the load of reading I already have, I'm planning on joining in at the 4th tier - mix & match option - but I am still considering my book selections! Finding ones I haven't already read might be a challenge in itself ;-) I'll let you know in due course.

Anyone care to join me?

5 comments:

CherryBlossomMJ said...

That's funny. I do this almost every year as a personal challenge. I even have a button (Christy Awards logo linking to their page) with a status bar on my completion of the challenge. *grin*

I guess you would call me Hardcore at the 6th Tier *(or as you say the 6rd)*, I dunno. What I do each year is try to read ALL of the Historical Nominees, both long and short.

Speaking of which are there listings of previous years winners somewhere that I could make a list of more historicals?

Rel said...

Sure is! In second last paragraph of this post is the link :)

Great to hear how you do it each year :)

Unknown said...

When you finish the above books, please read mine, Angela 1: Starting Over. Just click on my name and follow the link to my website. Thanks!

Jenny said...

I'm doing the 4th tier mix-n-match, too. :)

Amy said...

Yay! I'm glad you're joining in. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...