Wednesday 5 October 2011

Waiting for Dawn by Susan May Warren

Synopsis:~

In this prequel to Flee the Night—the first book in Susan May Warren’s critically acclaimed Team Hope series—Lacey Galloway leads a rather predictable life as a contractor for the Department of Defense. But news that Sergeant First Class Jim Micah is missing in action leads her on a dangerous trek overseas to rescue the man who secretly captured her heart.

Although her DOD connections quickly cut through the red tape, she also enlists the help of her ex-boyfriend and Micah’s best friend, Lieutenant John Montgomery. As they hatch a covert plan to find and rescue Micah, Lacey’s feelings are once again torn between the two men.

My take:~

Having had the pleasure of reading Susan May Warren's Team Hope series more than once, I was excited to hear about her e-book only prequel, Waiting for Dawn.  I adore Susie's writing but this one wasn't one of my favourites, I'm afraid.   Micah constantly dwells on his feelings for Lacey while on mission and John Montgomery ignores military protocol without a second thought.  I found the emphasis on both of these responses distracting and a little inauthentic for career military men.  Also, the ease with which Lacey enters Iraq and a war zone to rescue Micah raised my eyebrows more than once!  Discovering more about Micah, Lacey and John was intriguing and filled out more of their back story which I enjoyed.  Regardless of my thoughts on this novella, it has made me want to dive back into the series and read them with new eyes.  I love the idea of the prequel, especially for much loved books, so I will shortly be reading Hook, Line & Sinker, another e-book novella which Susan has written for her Deep Haven series, and I hope it grabs me more than this one.

With thanks to Tyndale for my review copy

Relz Reviewz Extras
Reviews of Nothing But Trouble, Double Trouble and Licensed for Trouble
Character spotlight on PJ, Boone & Jeremy ~ see how Susie pictures her characters
Visit Susie's website and blog
Buy Susie's books at Amazon or Koorong


3 comments:

MJ @ Creative Madness Mama said...

I haven't read the Team Hope series yet, and over all liked Waiting for Dawn (My Review). I absolutely loved reading Hook, Line & Sinker (My Review) and in both cases it makes me want more.

Sara said...

Susie's Team Hope series was the first books that I read by her and I loved them. Too bad to hear that this wasn't your favorite. I love how she's created these two novellas to fill us in on some backstories!

Nicole said...

So refreshing to see your honest opinion, Rel. Thank you for this. No question you love the author - just not this particular offering. Well done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...