Tuesday 18 December 2007

Guest review of Yada Yada Gets Decked Out

I haven't read the Yada Yada series, so when I received a copy to review I gave it to a very special friend who loves this series! Fi devoured it immediately and has been kind enough to share her thoughts here. She has done such a fantastic job, I think you might see some more guest reviews from her :) Sound good, Fi???

Synopsis:~

Turkey dinners, tree trimming, and decking the halls--it's that time of year again! And I Jodi Baxter, can't wait to celebrate. My kids are coming home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then all of us Yadas are getting decked out for a big New Year's party.


But God's idea of "decked out" might just change the nature of our party plans. A perplexing encounter with a former student, a crime that literally knocks me off my feet, a hurry-up wedding, and a child who will forever change our family...it's times like these that I really need my prayer sisters.

This holiday season, we Yada Yadas are learning that no one can out celebrate God. So let's get this party started!


Fi's take:~


It was with a mixture of excitement and sadness that I leapt into this final instalment of the Yada Yada series. Anxious to know what happens after the 'big announcement' at the end of book 6, I was ecstatic when Rel asked me to read and review it. Not wanting to give too much away, all I will say is The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Decked Out did not disappoint me. It is everything that fans of this series haved loved and enjoyed in the previous books.

I have always come away from Yada Yada having gained much in spiritual walk, as well as enjoying a great read and book 7 was no exception. I once again enjoyed Jodi's journey as she continues to learn to trust God and relinquish things to him (I so relate).Packed with themes of grace, prayer, forgiveness, praise and a poignant reminder of what Christmas is all about, I found myself reaching for the tissue box several times.

I laughed, I cried...... I loved it!! The only thing left to do now is go back to the beginning and start all over again. I look forward to the new series from Neta Jackson with great anticipation.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great review Fi! The best I've read yet! (Biased husband)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...