Friday 16 March 2012

Author Alert ~ Keli Gwyn



I'm excited to introduce you to debut author Keli Gwyn :)  

Keli's novel, A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California, releases this July from Barbour Publishing.  Think Karen Witemeyer or Margaret Brownley.

Here's a bit more about Keli:

Keli Gwyn writes stories that transport readers to the 1800s, where she brings historic towns to life, peoples them with colorful characters, and adds a hint of humor. A California native, she lives in a Gold Rush-era town at the foot of the majestic Sierra Nevada Mountains. When she emerges from her fictional world, she enjoys strolling past the stately Victorian houses in her hometown, drooling her way through the Coach factory outlet store, and fueling her creativity with frequent trips to Taco Bell. 


 

Here's the lowdown on A Bride Opens Shop 
in El Dorado, California

An ever-resourceful widow, Elenora Watkins arrives in El Dorado ready to go into partnership with Miles Rutledge. When he refuses, Elenora becomes the competition across the street. Is this town big enough for the two of them? 

Miles can’t help but stick his well-polished boot in his mouth whenever he comes face-to-face with Elenora. Can he find a way to win her heart while destroying her business? 

Miles’s mother, Maude, is bent on Elenora becoming her new daughter-in-law while Elenora’s daughter, Tildy, thinks Miles would make a perfect papa. How far will these meddlers go to unite this enterprising pair? 




Keli shares a favourite paragraph from her novel

The following interchange takes place minutes after Miles and Elenora meet. They’re alone in the backroom of his shop following a tense introduction that leaves her wondering what’s wrong.

Mr. Rutledge grabbed a bentwood chair and placed it in front of her, but he didn’t sit. Instead he strode a few paces away, wheeled around, and held his fisted hands at his sides.

“You’re a woman.”

“You’re observant.”

He inhaled deeply, his nostrils flaring. “You’re going to continue your game, are you?”

“Game? What game? I don’t understand.”

He stalked toward her one slow step at a time, his fists planted on his waist, until he towered over her. “I rarely get upset, Mrs. Watkins, but your charade is…is…contemptible.”

Connect with Keli

Author website: http://www.keligwyn.com/
Author Facebook Timeline: http://www.facebook.com/KeliGwyn
Preorder Keli's book: Amazon or CBD

13 comments:

Katie Ganshert said...

Can't wait to read this one!!

Rel said...

Looks like fun reading, doesn't it?

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

OOo-la-la! I love fireworks between couples! Can't wait to read Keli's book!

fOIS In The City said...

Ah Keli, what a great introduction to these two characters. Love the tension, enjoyed this short excerpt. I wait not so patiently to finally read more of Elenora and Miles :)

Unknown said...

i was just reading about Keli on http://enjoyingthewritingcraft.blogspot.com and this is one novel i will be looking for. Thanks for the review!

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

Oooo I love that little teaser excerpt! If I didn't already want to read this so badly I'd be adding it to my WL after reading it! I love Keli and I'm so excited to be a guest on her blog and feature her on my blog in the future. :-)

XOXO~ Renee

Anonymous said...

This book sounds hilarious! I cant wait to read it!

I love the paragraph, it cracked me up!;)

Beth K. Vogt said...

I've got my copy pre-ordered ... and Keli's book will go to the top of my To Be Read pile!

Laura Frantz said...

Can't wait for Keli's novel!! She's such a wonderful inspiration to me and others with her blog presence and now her book:) Wonderful to see her here with you, Rel. Bless you both!

Lindsay Harrel said...

Love Keli and I can't wait to read her book!

Keli Gwyn said...

Thanks for the many wonderful comments. You have totally made my day!

And thank you, Rel, for featuring my debut novel. I dreamed of the day I'd "qualify" to be a guest on your awesome blog. What an honor!

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

i'm so pumped to read this!! congrats keli!

Julie Lessman said...

This one is DEFINITELY high on my list to read ... one because I flat-out love Keli ... and two, because I've read her work and I KNOW it will excellent!!

Thanks for showcasing Kel, Rel ... hey, that rhymed!!

Hugs,
Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...