Monday 20 October 2008

Character Spotlight ~ Sharon Hinck's Penny Sullivan


Today the spotlight shines on.........................................................Penny Sullivan


The amazing Sharon Hinck, author of the ground breaking Sword of Lyric series,and the inaugural Author of the Month at A Peek at My Bookshelf, joins me here to highlight her latest fascinating character.

Here's what Sharon had to say:~

Stepping Into Sunlight is my new release that features Penny Sullivan. :-)


Brief physical description


Penny Sullivan – age 34, long auburn hair, heart-shaped face (her face is on the cover of Stepping Into Sunlight)

Actor/famous person who might resemble her

Maybe Julianne Moore or Laura Linney or even Kirsten Dunst

Strengths and weaknesses

Penny has a strong foundation of faith, loves her husband and son, has a heart that longs to be whole but she has a family history that predisposes her to the risk of depression, and after a trauma and during a time of change and upheaval in her life, she is tormented by fear and the temptation to withdraw.

Quirk (if any)

Panic attacks – sometimes triggered by small reminders (a baseball cap, a phrase, a spilled glass of juice)

Your inspiration for the character

All the dear friends I know who battle various degrees of anxiety disorders or depression and can’t simply “snap out of it” even though they put great effort into their healing. Penny lets us inside her journey—both the heartache and the joy as she struggles – sometimes very alone – and as she takes small steps to move toward healing.


Synopsis of the story

Penny Sullivan, a Navy chaplain’s wife witnesses a violent crime and struggles with post traumatic stress while her husband is on his first deployment.

Far from family and friends, she fights to heal for the sake of her seven-year-old son, even though ordinary tasks take heroic efforts. She’s haunted by flashbacks and is tormented by fear, so she designs a project to speed her recovery: doing one small, kind act for a different person each day.

Rel ~ Thanks Sharon for this glimpse into your character ~ hope we get to shine the spotlight on some of your Restorer characters soon!

Readers, please post a comment for Sharon if you get the chance :)

On Thursday, I will be spotlighting Michelle Sutton's Annie Meyers, from her debut novel It's Not About Me. I'm loving doing these spotlights - thanks for letting me know you love them too!


Relz Reviewz Extras

Interview with Sharon

Visit Sharon's website and blog

Check out all the fun and inspiration regarding Sharon at A Peek at My Bookshelf

Buy Stepping Into Sunlight at Amazon or Koorong


4 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm reading this book now and I really like it.

Tracy said...

I'm looking forward to reading this book.

Sharon you must've been typing your fingers off for Rel this past week between questions about 'The Restorer' and this character spotlight. THANK YOU!

Kim said...

The more I learn about Sharon Hinck, the more I like her! I'm going to have to find time to read this book!

Thanks for another great spotlight, Rel!

Kim
WINDOW TO MY WORLD

Anonymous said...

Rel, I just have to say these spotlights are SO fun! I just love reading them (even though I dont always leave a comment).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...