Friday 14 August 2009

Friendship Friday ~ What do you value in your close friendships with women?


Lisa Tawn Bergren

A fun sense of humor, honesty, loyalty and a desire to become all God has made them to be. Most of my closest friends have all these attributes! But it's taken a while to discover them and build the close relationships I desire. With my three closest pals, they feel free to challenge me and ask me probing questions that help me on my path to be a deeper disciple--and I can do the same. Because of the loyalty, honesty and sense of humor attributes, this works for us--I know they love me, no matter what is said, and they know the same. We can laugh and cry together...and ultimately, just grow closer.

The Begotten ~ The Betrayed ~ The Blessed ~ Breathe ~ Sing (March, 2010)




Siri Mitchell

I value the genuine. So often as women, and especially as Christian women, we have so many roles to play. Daughter, wife, mother. Employee, volunteer. It’s terribly difficult to balance all of these roles and if we’re not careful, we can spend a lot of time trying to look as if we’re doing all things well. A lot of energy trying to be what others expect…to achieve an ideal. I value women who are willing to forgo expectations and just let me be myself. I don’t have to pretend when I’m with these friends and I’m not worried that I’ll offend them if I leave the perfect daughter-wife-mother-employee-volunteer script behind. After all, I’m a real person, not a stereotype.

A Constant Heart ~ Love's Pursuit ~ She Walks in Beauty (April, 2010)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...