Tuesday 8 December 2009

The Secret of Indigo Moon by G.P. Taylor ~ EJ's Take

My 11 year old daughter, EJ, had the pleasure of reading this book so I coerced her into sharing her thoughts with me here :)

Enjoy:~


Rel:~ How would you describe this book?

EJ:~ Unique, gripping and mysterious!


Describe the main characters in one word


Eric Ganger ~ adventurous


Saskia ~ mischievous


Sadie ~ determined


What did you enjoy most about this book?


I really enjoyed the different way of revealing the story with the comics, illustrations and the different fonts and print size which entertained me and left me hanging out to discover the next page.

What about the plot?


G.P. Taylor has written a story full of action and mystery. I devoured the story and was even worried for the characters as they tried to hide from the bad guys. The author alternates between what is happening to Sadie and Eric as they venture out to find Saskia, and Saskia herself. There was never a dull moment as things were happening all the time to all of them. For me, the characters came alive really well and that made it easy to relate to them although I have never been in their situation before! I would recommend this book to people who want a satisfying chapter book with the added bonus of Graphic elements, which give the book a movie like feel.

Thanks EJ!

With thanks to Tyndale for our review copy

Relz Reviewz Extras

Visit G.P. Taylor's website

Buy his books at Amazon or Koorong

4 comments:

Ronie Kendig said...

How great is that! Way to go, Rel's Daughter! :-D

Tracy said...

Great review E!!! Great to see another reviewling coming out into the sunlight.

C.J. Darlington said...

Great review, EJ!

Jenny said...

Ah, a chip off the old block. (I bet mum's busting her buttons about now. *wink*)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, EJ. Looking forward to reading more from you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...