Thursday 31 December 2009

Relz Top 10 Reads of 2009


What a year 2009 has been for me ~ filled with a lot of sorrow, anxiety, stress and difficulty ~ as it no doubt was for many people. Life has been tough, no question, but then I think of the many blessings in my life ~ God, my refuge, my loving family, my faithful and caring friends (including my fellow bloggers), an accommodating employer, my home and my church ~ and it provides me with a better perspective.

Added to those blessings are the fantastic publishing folk and devoted publicists who have been a joy to work with and last but not least, the engrossing stories I have read and the amazing authors who pour their heart and soul into the words they grant us the privilege of reading. I have "met" a number of new authors in 2009 and can't wait to introduce you to their books in 2010.
It really is a joy and privilege to do what I do and share with you, my wonderful readers, the books, their authors and characters ~ looking forward to continuing the fun!

Those of you who take the time to stop and read my blog, I am forever grateful and amazed you do! When you share your thoughts in your comments, I am encouraged and always love reading your thoughts so thank you, thank you, thank you!


Now to my top ten reads of 2009! I said last year that choosing these books gets harder every year and not a bit has changed! These books are in no particular order and I have chosen them because of the joy, encouragement or challenge they have brought to me (click on the links for my reviews):~


The Blessed by Lisa Tawn Bergren


Breach of Trust by DiAnn Mills


Deadlock by Robert Liparulo


The Moment Between by Nicole Baart


Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones


An Eye for An Eye by Irene Hannon


Veiled Freedom by Jeanette Windle


The Passion of Mary-Margaret by Lisa Samson


Leaving Carolina by Tamara Leigh


City of the Dead & Guardian of the Flame by T L Higley (snuck in two, I know!!)


And just like last year because it is way too hard to stick to only ten, I'm adding some extras:


Critical Care by Candace Calvert


Never the Bride by Cheryl McKay & Rene Gutteridge


The Frontiersman's Daughter by Laura Frantz

Beyond this Moment by Tamera Alexander


The Enclave by Karen Hancock


Lost Mission by Athol Dickson


Please share your favourite reads for 2009.

And finally, I hope 2010 brings you much to be thankful for!

16 comments:

Deborah said...

lol, while you have a ton of good ones on there, we didn't have any overlaps! my list is up on my blog :)

Laura Frantz said...

Rel,
It's a joy to see the book of my heart listed here! I can't thank you enough for putting me in such fine company. I was touched by your honest, heartfelt post even before you launched into the list. And now I have a few of your books to add to my own TBR stack. Bless you!

CandaceCalvert said...

Rel, thank you so much for including Critical Care in the company of such stellar books--such a blessing. Even more so is the privilege of getting to know you. I admire your contagious enthusiasm, warm humor, heartfelt encouragement--and abiding faith. Despite challenges, you've remained steadfast in your commitment to put stories of hope into the hands of readers who long to hear that message. Bless you. And may 2010 bring dreams come true.

Tamara Leigh said...

Rel, what an honor to have Leaving Carolina make your list and, of course, to be in such fine company! Thank you, my friend, for all you do to promote authors and their books. I pray that you and your family will be as blessed in the New Year as you have so generously blessed others.

P/S: To Vegemite!!!

Rel said...

Hey Deb ~ isn't that funny?! Lots of YA on your list though :)

Laura ~ your spot is well deserved. Can't wait for Courting Morrow Little! I appreciate your encouragement, too, more than you know :)

Candy ~ wow! You sure know how to bring a tear to a girl's eye and warm her heart - thank you for your kind and generous words. Bring on Disaster Status!

Tammy ~ Axel was my leading man this year so of course your fabulous book is in there :) Thanks for your care. PS. Have you tried it with butter yet?!?!

Nicole said...

Will definitely agree with The Passion of Mary-Margaret (will remain on my mental "All-Time Favorites" list) and Deadlock. Will add June Bug by Chris Fabry. I'll cheat with a few extras here.;)(In no particular order)

Pursuit of Honor by Vince Flynn
Intervention by Terri Blackstock
Try Fear by James Scott Bell
The Knight by Steven James
The Night Watchman by Mark Mynheir
Things Left Unspoken by Eve Marie Everson
Miss Fortune/Miss Match (older novels) by Sara Mills
Through the Fire by Shawn Grady
Ghostwriter by Travis Thrasher
Scream by Mike Dellosso
The Rivers Run Dry by Sibella Giorello
The Killing Tree by Rachel Keener

(All reviewed on my blog for prospective readers.)

Lisa Tawn Bergren said...

What a cool way to start out my year, Rel, as one of YOUR top 10 reads! Truly honored...thanks, pal. And here's to a better year for YOU on the personal front. Wishing you peace and joy throughout 2010.

CherryBlossomMJ said...

http://cherryblossommj.blogspot.com/2010/01/top-ten-books-of-2009-and-more.html

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Hey there! I see you really like suspense type stuff. :) I have my top fiction list posted but it's a few more than ten books. In fact it is exactly double! :)

http://www.michellesutton.net/pb/wp_0042cfbb/wp_0042cfbb.html

Amy said...

We have one in common! :) happy New Year Rel I hope it's the best ever.

Nicole Baart said...

What an honor to be included in your list, Rel! Thank you for your thoughtful, engaging reviews. May your new year be filled with blessings and unexpected joy.

Warmly,
Nicole Baart

Jenny B. Jones said...

Rel, thanks so much for taking my monetary bribe and putting Just Between You and Me on the list. It's an honor to make the cut.

And thank you for allll you do for Christian fiction. You're awesome, girl. Awesome.

Jenny said...

Great list, Rel, although I have only read two of the books you've included on your list. *eek* Never the Bride was also one of my favorites.

Some other books I also enjoyed were The Night Watchman by Mark Mynheir, Shame by Greg Garrett, Through the Fire by Shawn Grady, and The Sheriff's Surrender by Susan Page Davis. (Gotta get my list posted soon. *g*)

lisa said...

You rock Rel! Thank you so much for your support of my book. It means so much to me.

Happy New Year!

Deena Peterson said...

My list resembles yours...with few exceptions!

Rel said...

Hey - thanks for your comments and lists!

Lisa, Nicole, Jenny & Lisa ~ each of your books were no brainers for this list. Thanks for sharing your gift with us all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...