Tuesday 16 June 2009

Never the Bride by Cheryl McKay & Rene Gutteridge

Jessie Stone has spent thirty-five years fantasizing about marriage proposals, wedding dresses, and falling in love. She’s been a bridesmaid eleven times, waved dozens of couples off to sunny honeymoons, and shopped in more department stores for half-price fondue pots than she cares to remember.

But shopping in the love-of-her-life department hasn't been quite as productive. The man she thought she would marry cheated on her. The crush she has on her best friend Blake is at very best…well, crushing. And speed dating has only churned out memorable horror stories.

So when God shows up one day, in the flesh, and becomes a walking, talking part of her life, Jessie is skeptical. What will it take to convince her that God has a better love story than one of the thousands she’s cooked up in her journals? Will she trust Him with her pen when it appears her dreams of being the bride are forever lost?


My take:~

Never the Bride is a brilliantly funny, deeply moving and spiritually powerful novel that will have you pondering its impact long after the last page is read.

The unique premise reveals human nature at its core ~ our deep desire to be loved and our ofttimes misguided efforts to find it. Jessie is such an engaging character, with qualities we recognise in ourselves and the heart felt desires we have lived or are living. Walking with her is a wonderful and witty journey that is as much heart rending as it is joyous but above all, unforgettable, as God's true heart and deep love for us is unveiled. I truly hope this is not the last collaboration between Cheryl and Rene ~ I adored Never the Bride and can't wait for the film!

Relz Reviewz Extras

Visit Cheryl's website and Rene's website

Buy Never the Bride at Amazon or Koorong

Come back Thursday for a character spotlight on Jessie


Aussie/NZ Giveaway

You really don't want to miss this book so I am thrilled to have a copy to give away to my Aussie and New Zealand readers.

To enter, post a comment on or before Sunday 28th June, 2009 and don't forget to leave contact details!

14 comments:

Tina Ann Forkner said...

I can't wait to read this one. I had the opportunity to sign books with Rene at Mardel's in Tulsa this past Saturday. She is such a cool person and we had the best time. Got this book for my niece, but need to get my own!

southeastcountrywife said...

heaps cool! i'm glad you have a giveaway for this book. i'd never heard of it before this week but it looks really fun! please enter me. :)

Alex said...

This sounds great! Please enter me :)

alexhcarman (at) gmail (dot) com

Jewelz said...

This sounds like a really cool book!!
Please enter me :)
joyfuljewelz (at) gmail.com

wendyb said...

Please enter me, sounds like a fun book Wendyb

Danielle said...

As someone single for a lot longer than expected, this one definitely appeals to me!

daniellecentral @ gmail.com

Davo said...

Sounds like one Fi would love, please put me in the draw. It would be a fantastic present for her

jaana said...

Sounds great! Please enter me in!

AUS

Beth said...

I've read a bit about this book and it's one I really want to read. Please enter me.

Illuminating Fiction said...

I love Rene's books, and can't wait to read this one!

Contact me via Twitter (kiwi8) for contact details.

Tracy said...

Could you pop me in the draw too please? Rene's books are always an uplifting read.

Leola said...

Sounds like a fun book Rel - please enter me in the draw. Thanks!

Jen said...

Pop me in please Rel.

Allison said...

Hi Rel, one can never have too many books to share around. Would love to win this one.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...