Tuesday 30 June 2009

The Confidential Life of Eugenia Cooper by Kathleen Y'Barbo

Synopsis:~

New York socialite Eugenia Cooper longs to enjoy one last escapade before she marries banker Chandler Dodd. Opportunity knocks, and she heads for rough-and-tumble Colorado. When she takes the job as governess for silver baron Daniel Beck's daughter, she wonders where her future lies. With Chandler---or with Daniel?

My take:~

I'll confess, I thought this story might be just another pleasant yet formulaic historical romance. You think I would have learnt by now not to judge a book by its cover! Kathleen Y'Barbo has penned a delightfully funny and sassy tale that had me thoroughly entertained from start to finish. Gennie's adventurous spirit is infectious and Daniel is more than appealing! With electrifying attraction, the complication of Daniel's mischevious, defiant young daughter and the Wild West setting, The Confidential Life of Eugenia Cooper is a sweet treat.

Relz Reviewz Extras

Visit Kathleen's website
Buy Katheen's books at Amazon or Koorong

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to know this book is a winner, I've been curious about it but hestitant to pick up a copy...really "sweet" prairie romances are not my thing.

Rel said...

It's a lot of fun, Ruth :) Let me know what you think if you read it.

What are you reading at the moment?

Kim said...

From pirates to cowboys...hmmmm! I bet it is as wonderful as her other writing! I'll look forward to this one!

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Rel - can't wait to read this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...