Monday 19 October 2009

Coming in 2010 from Liz Curtis Higgs & Waterbrook Multnomah

I love Liz's books! Her historicals are very well researched and fascinating, though I have to say her romantic comedy Bookends has a special place in my heart - I laughed and laughed!

Looking forward to this one, though :)

Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs

A mother who cannot face her future.
A daughter who cannot escape her past.

“No moon in sight,” Donald observed, resting his forehead lightly on the glass. “No Highlanders either.”

“They’ll arrive soon enough.” Marjory extinguished the candle by her bed, shrouding the room in darkness. “Sleep while you can. And keep that bonny young wife of yours close at hand.”

“Aye.” The smile in his voice was unmistakable. “So I shall.”

Edinburgh 1745

Dowager Lady Marjory Kerr, a widow of substantial means, has two passions in life: maintaining her place in society and coddling her two grown sons. Lady Elisabeth Kerr, wife of the elder son, harbors a dark family secret, buried long ago in distant Aberdeenshire. When tragedy strikes, Janet Kerr, wife of the younger son, finds the ties binding her to Marjory and Elisabeth slowly unraveling.

A timeless tale of loss and redemption, flickering against the vivid backdrop of eighteenth-century Edinburgh, Here Burns My Candle reveals the many flaws of human nature and the bright hope of divine providence.

Releasing April, 2010

4 comments:

Laura Frantz said...

Oh, can't wait for this one, Rel:) Liz is one of my favorite authors though I've not read her Bookends, just her historicals. Thanks for a great sneak peek!

Jenny said...

I've only read one of her historicals, but Bookends is probably my favorite LCH book. This one looks good...thanks for sharing.

Lisa Tawn Bergren said...

Oh man, doesn't that cover make you drool in anticipation? Especially when you know the pages inside will be so good too...

Rel said...

Hey Laura - do read Bookends if you get the chance. Liz's humour is fabulous :)

Jen - I'm with you although I have loved the depth of her historicals.

Hi Lisa - welcome home! Glad you are looking forward to it. Ciao :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...