Friday 5 February 2010

Angela Hunt ~ What's Cooking?

Angela Hunt

Last year my mother, my aunt, and my cousin joined me on a visit to St. Simons Island, home to my novel-in-progress. While there, I picked up a lovely local cookbook and was delighted to find that it was filled
with southern recipes. Yum! (If there's one thing we love to do in the South, it's eat.)

There's nothing better to do on a hot Sunday afternoon that sit around and make ice cream. We used to do it in those big canisters you had to cover with salt and ice and crank by hand, but these days we use indoor electric ice cream makers. So here's a recipe for ice cream that's distinctly Southern in flavor.

Angie

Key Lime Ice Cream

Ingredients

3 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Key lime juice
Zest of two key limes

Directions

Combine all ingredients well. Pour into an ice cream freezer canister. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Serve over crushed butter cookies with sweet whipped cream. Ahh!

Thanks, Angie! This recipe is just perfect for our summer ~ sorry if it is making all you Northern Hemisphere folks shiver!


Angela's Books

With over 100 books to her credit, they are too numerous to list here! I can highly recommend them and have nearly all of her adult fiction on my bookshelves. If you click here you can view all of Angie's books, including future releases ~ enjoy :)


Relz Reviewz Extras

All things Hunt @ Relz Reviewz

Visit Angie's website and blog

Buy Angie's books at Amazon or Koorong

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I love Angel's books. Thanks for the recipe.

Tracy said...

That looks really refreshing ~ especially when we're headed into days and days of low 30's temperatures. Perhaps I need to make some ice cream!!!!

After much googling I have managed to figure out what half-and-half is, once and for all. It is a commercially available produce in the US that is half full cream milk and half regular cream.

So for this recipe you would use 1 3/4 cups of full cream milk and 1 3/4 cups cream.

Anonymous said...

I am an Angela Hunt nut - she has such depth and variety. Just read Doesn't She Look Natural? and got some great laughs. My all-time favorite is probably The Velvet Shadow, but The Canopy and The Truth Teller take a mighty close second!
Thanks for keeping my reading list top heavy :)
Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...