Friday 12 February 2010

Camy Tang ~ What's Cooking?



The best part about writing novels is that I get to include little
personal things in my books. I absolutely love food, so I always include one or two foods in my books that are special to me.

In my romantic suspense, Deadly Intent, the heroine’s family is having
a get-together with friends and family. At get-togethers with my family, my mom will usually make Chinese chicken salad. It’s a really yummy dish that’s surprisingly easy to make. It’s also not too exotic (unlike some other Asian food I grew up with).

As kids,
we loved it, and my mom was happy since we were eating our veggies. :)

Chinese Chicken Salad



1-2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 head iceberg lettuce
1/4 c. cilantro, coarsely chopped (optional)

1 package won ton skins (optional)


DRESSING:


1-2 teaspoons sesame oil

1/2 cup salad oil

2 Tablespoons sugar

3 Tablespoons rice vinegar

1/2 teaspoon salt

freshly ground black pepper
finely shredded celery (optional)


Whisk together dressing, adding or subtracting quantities to personal
taste.

(Optional) My mom will sometimes soak the celery in the vinegar
for a few minutes, then remove the celery and make the dressing.

Toss
the celery with the other salad ingredients later.

(Optional) Cut won ton skins into strips and deep fry until golden
brown.
Drain and cool.

Shred lettuce.

Toss all ingredients together.

Serve immediately.


Now when you read about the get-together and the Chinese chicken salad in DEADLY INTENT, you’ll feel like you were there!

Thanks Camy! Just not sure how many veggies you were really eating - LOL!


Camy's Books

Sushi for One? ~ Only Uni ~ Single Sashimi
Deadly Intent ~ Formula for Danger (Sept, 2010)

Relz Reviewz Extras

All things Tang @ Relz Reviewz

Visit Camy's website and blog (be sure to check out her weekly giveaways)

Buy Camy's books at Amazon and Koorong


2 comments:

Camy Tang said...

LOL There's the lettuce, right??? Thanks for posting my recipe today Rel!
Camy

Tracy said...

It's all about the dressing...even an otherwise tasteless iceberg lettuce will taste good with that little makeover!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...