Sunday 18 July 2010

Perfectly Dateless by Kristin Billerbeck

Synopsis:~

Daisy Crispin has 242 days to find the right date for the prom. There's only one problem--her parents won't let her date or even talk to a guy on the phone. Oh, and she's totally invisible at school, has to wear lame homemade clothes, and has no social skills. Okay, so maybe there's more than one problem. Can she talk her parents into letting her go to the prom? Or will they succeed at their obvious attempt to completely ruin her life?

My take:~


First up, I don't usually read YA fiction but I've always enjoyed Kristin's books and was keen to see how she turned her hand to the teenage set.

Perfectly Dateless is a great read, witty, entertaining and ultimately thought provoking, challenging young readers to look beyond the superficial in their clothing as well as their relationships. Daisy it a likeable young girl with Christian parents who keep a firm hand on her activities, dress and future choices. Kristin draws out both the positive and negative impact this kind of parenting has on Daisy. The climax of the story turns the book from being a lighthearted, quirky read into something more meaningful and challenging. I'm looking forward to where Kristin takes this series.


“Available July 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

With thanks to Revell for my review copy

Relz Reviewz Extras

Visit Kristin's website and blog

Buy Kristin's books at Amazon or Koorong

2 comments:

Christina T said...

I've enjoyed Kristin's books for adults too. This one looks cute. I will have to add it to my TBR list. I'm glad to hear that you liked it. I am sure it will be popular with fans of Melody Carlson's YA books. Thanks for your review!

Jenny said...

I'm looking forward to this one as well...thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...