Sunday 4 July 2010

Interview with Max Jacobs ~ Nightshade's former SEAL

It's my pleasure to introduce Ronie Kendig's Nightshade team from her new military thriller series with their stories to be told in
Nightshade, Digitalis, Wolfsbane and Firethorn.

Max, Colton, Canyon and Griffin have been kind enough to give up some of their downtime to answer some interview questions. Ronie and I hope you enjoy getting to know the lads at Relz Reviewz over the next few weeks.


Max "Frogman" Jacobs
of Nightshade

Former Navy Seal, Max Jacobs is not one to talk about himself but Ronie convinced him that it would be good for the team! And if there's one thing Max will do, it's take one for the team :)

Over to you, Max:~

Rel: So a SEAL, MAR
SOC, PJ, Ranger and Army Special Forces member (you know the lingo better than me so feel free to amend) have an argument over which is the most skilled soldier - who wins?

Max: Seriously, man, think about it--this is my team. Think I'm going to front someone and get killed by the others? No thanks.


You're a trained SEAL - can you explain that to a civilian like me?

Sure. I'm the best warrior on SEa, Air, and Land.


Your Nightshade team is tight but if you could only choose one of them, who would you want in your corner in a firefight?

No way, man. Not picking one. I'd
never live it down. Besides, each man has a strength I'd want in a fight.

Who scares you the most ~ The Old Man, Griffin or Sydney?!?!

Are you kidding me? Syd, of course. She can see right through me. Like she has this
heat-seeking radar.

You have travelled all over the world as a SEAL - where would you go to relax?

As you find out in NIGHTSHADE, Syd's my anchor--so as long as I'm with her, I can relax. If we can run off to someplace with noth
ing but sand and water, I'd be in heaven. Like that place we went to in the story, the one where I nearly killed the Kid.


So what's so good about owning a motorbike?


Speed, freedom, the feel of wind ripping at your jacket as you whip down roads. What's not
to love?


Any tatts?


Yeah, two. The SEAL emblem and the NIGHTSHADE emblem.

Thanks Max :) It's been fun. Say hi to the team from me!

Relz Reviewz Extras

Review of Nightshade

Visit the Discarded Heroes website

Visit Ronie's website and blog

Buy Ronie's books at Amazon or Christianbook

Come back tomorrow for Ronie's take on Max & Syd in a Character Spotlight not to be missed

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Love the pic here much better than the cover. And his answers were totally him. About halfway through the novel.

rbooth43 said...

I agree with Nicole. Great Review!

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

Great interview!

Max, your bike is hot! ;-)

XOXO~ Renee

Ronie Kendig said...

Nicole -- love that you knew him well enough to say the answers were totally him. I had to drag the answers out of him. LOL

Renee - Max says thanks. :-P

Ronie Kendig said...

Rel - Max is impressed you got the bike right. Most people would just grab a photo of a bike. You scored points with him. LOL

Rel said...

I know he is an attention to details kind of guy so didn't want to let him down with any old bike!

And of course, didn't want to give The Kid any extra ammunition to give him a hard time ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...