Tuesday 13 July 2010

Touching the Clouds by Bonnie Leon

Synopsis:~

Kate Evans is an adventurous and independent young woman with a pioneering spirit. She pilots a mail-delivery plane in the forbidding Alaskan wilderness, the lone woman in a male profession. But even that seems easy compared to finding true love. She likes a fellow pilot and would even consider marrying him--if it weren't for Paul, a mysterious man on her mail route with a gentle spirit and a past to hide.

Can Kate break through the walls Paul has put up around his heart? And will her quest for adventure be her demise?

My take:~


Bonnie Leon immerses the reader in the intriguing and perilous world of Alaskan bush pilots in the first of her Alaskan Skies novels, Touching the Clouds. The Alaskan wilderness came alive with effortless descriptions of locations and people and the unique challenges faced by those living in such a remote location. I loved that Kate was so passionate about her career and had to fight hard in such a man's world for opportunities and recognition. The tender romance and light suspense of Touching the Clouds has peaked my interest in this series and I will be eagerly looking out for more.

Available July 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

With thanks to Revell for my review copy


Relz Reviewz Extras'

Visit Bonnie's website

Enter Bonnie's fabulous Take Flight contest

Buy Bonnie's books at Amazon or Koorong

12 comments:

collettakay said...

I know what you mean. The first thing I look for when I start a book is the date and the location.

It helps me set the scene in my mind.

Thanks for the review. This one has been on my withlist for a while.

Bonnie Leon said...

Thanks for the wonderful review and so sorry about the date. :-/ Kate sets out in the summer of
1935.

Grace and peace to you,

Bonnie

www.bonnieleon.com

Scrappy quilter said...

Another of my favorite authors. Can't wait to read this book.

Rel said...

Thanks Bonnie - great to know. It is a terrific story, your readers will be delighted with it :)

Ausjenny said...

Rel I was going to say the date is mentioned in the first chapter of the book. I know when reading I was thinking about it being not that long before ww2. (I see Bonnie answered for you) I loved this book cant wait till for book 2.

Rel said...

It is? Then I apologise to Bonnie - I searched for it everywhere. I'll have to go back and check. Thanks for letting us know :)

Bonnie Leon said...

I love this discussion. Writers and readers can't catch everything. I don't even remember at this point, but I'm going to have a look and see.

So glad you liked the book.I loved writing it and book two was great fun as well. I'm just now jumping into book three--plotting begins tomorrow.

Blessings,

Bonnie

Rel said...

Yes, it is there! P. 8 and third paragraph :) I scoured the book looking for a date - just goes to show. I'm off to amend my review :)

Sorry Bonnie and thanks Jenny for letting us know!

Bonnie Leon said...

Oh, I'm so glad it's there! :-)

Rel said...

Bonnie ~ I'm so sorry for stressing you out! I obviously couldn't see for looking.

Thank you for being so gracious.

Ann Shorey said...

Can't wait to read Touching the Clouds in its final form. I saw the early draft and know it's had big changes.
I'm one of Bonnie's greatest fans!

Ausjenny said...

Rel its easy to skip over a date as often they are at the top of a chapter I think I remembered because of the time frame I actually thought it was a couple of years later till I reread it but remember thinking its not long before WW2 started.
I hope to get my review up this afternoon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...