Friday 18 September 2009

Jamie Carie ~ What's Cooking?

Jamie Carie

Here’s a recipe that my mom made all of the time when I was a child.
Enjo
y!

Easy Lasagna



Ingredients

1 lb. box Lasagna Pasta
1 16 oz. tub Cottage Cheese
1 12 oz. package Mozzarella Cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I like Prego or Barilla)
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion (chopped small)
Parmesan Cheese (optional)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef and onion until fully cooked.
Drain off excess fat.
Add spaghetti sauce and cook on low until heated through.
Layer ingredients in 9 X 13 pan in the following order: Pasta, ground beef mixture, ½ tub of cottage cheese, ½ package mozzarella cheese, then repeat.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top if desired.
Cook for 35-45 minutes.
Let stand for at least 30 minutes (it can be a bit soupy if you don’t let it cool :)
It’s even better the next day if you have any leftovers! I like to serve it with a salad and hot rolls or Italian bread.

Love Italian food and this one looks easy peasy!
Thanks so much for sharing, Jamie



Jamie's Books

Snow Angel ~ The Duchess and the Dragon ~ Wind Dancer ~
Love's First Light ~ Angel's Den (Jan, 2010)


Relz Reviewz Extras

Reviews of Love's First Light, Wind Dancer, Snow Angel and The Duchess and the Dragon

Visit Jamie's website and blog

Buy Jamie's books at Amazon and Koorong

5 comments:

southeastcountrywife said...

I just got an ARC of Angel's Den and am looking forward to reading it!!

Tracy said...

That looks like a very simple and much quicker version of lasagna...which my family all adore!

Thanks Jamie.

Linda Sue said...

I don't often cook lasagne, since it is quite a production using the recipe I have. This recipe looks like it would taste very similar, with less than half the effort. I can't wait to try it. Thanks!

Jenny said...

Sounds like a simple and tasty recipe...I'll have to try it. :)

Rel said...

Well, I have tried this one and yes, it is super easy! The only issue I found was getting the cottage cheese to spread evenly over the mince(ground beef! I'll have to work on my technique. It was thumbs up for my lasagne lovers and even Miss 6 (aka fussy eater) gave it a go - now that is a REAL plus in its favour!

Thanks Jamie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...