Friday 4 September 2009

Robert Liparulo ~ What's Cooking?



Here ya go, Rel:

This is the first thing I made my wife-to-be while we were dating (I think it was on the fifth date). Now we’ve been married 24 years, and I attribute that to the magic of this dish.


Shrimp Curry


Ingredients

1 ½ lbs of small, de-tailed shrimp (aka prawns!)
1/2 onion
5 T butter
8 T flour
4 T curry
2 t salt
1 T ginger
1 T sugar
1 can consume or beef broth
2 cups milk
½ T lemon juice

Instructions

1. melt butter
2. chop/sauté onion
3. blend together flour, curry, salt, ginger, sugar
4. mix into butter & onion
5. add consume & milk
6. heat until smooth & thick (flavor with more curry, ginger, or salt to taste)
7. add shrimp & lemon juice
8. heat & serve over rice with chopped peanuts, shredded coconut, and chutney or sweet & sour sauce to put on top.

Sounds great, Bob and I love the story that goes with the food :) Hope you are still cooking it for your lovely wife, twenty four years on!

Bob's books

Comes A Horseman ~ Germ ~ Deadfall ~ Deadlock
House of Dark Shadows ~ Watcher in the Woods ~ Gatekeepers
Timescape ~ Whirlwind (Dec, 09) ~ Frenzy (2010)




Relz Reviewz Extras

All things Liparulo at Relz Reviewz
Visit Bob's website and blog
Buy Bob's books at Amazon or Koorong

6 comments:

CeeCee said...

Great new feature Rel! I'm going to post about it. The dish sounds yummy!

CandaceCalvert said...

Love this new feature--and the looks of this tempting recipe. Thank you Rel and Bob!

Tracy said...

Mmmmm...that sounds good.

Do you need a guinea pig to test it out on Rel?

Virginia C said...

Lovely! Feed the body and feed the soul. I look forward to the next post!

Jodi said...

Yeah, it was great. Thank you, dear husband, for making me your special shrimp curry on my birthday!

Jenny said...

Had my first authentic curry last year (made by some lovely pastor friends from India). Maybe I can get my hubby to make some of this for me...since he's the cook in the family. :)

Great new series, Rel. Looking forward to seeing 'what's cooking' this coming Friday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...