Friday 29 May 2009

Friendship Friday ~ What do you value in your close friendships with women?


Julie Lessman

Gosh, THANK YOU for including me in this very cool assignment -- I am THRILLED! You said a "one word answer" would be totally fine, but ... uh, as you know from my almost 500-page books, I am not capable of a "one word answer." :)


Well, other than the fact that I can relate to women better than men because most are just as hormonal as me
, I would have to say the thing I value the most in my friendships with women is their willingness to pray about any and everything right on the spot. You see, I'm one of these passionate types that if a problem is mentioned in a conversation, I want to nail it right then and there with a well-aimed prayer. And although this is not common for most people, most of my very close women friends have embraced this bold and brazen part of my personality with grace and gratitude, always allowing me to pray with them, or them for me. I so appreciate that I can be who I am with them, taking all problems to the throne of grace without an eyebrow raised or a roll of the eyes. Uh, not that I would care, of course ... but it's nice to have friendships with women who feel the way I do about God and prayer and wholeheartedly support me in that endeavor. Hugs, Julie

A Passion Most Pu
re ~ A Passion Redeemed ~ A Passion Denied




Maggie Brendan

One of the things I value most of all in my best friend is total acceptance—that she values all facets of me-my good points and my spirituality but accepts my flaws, and loves me in spite of them. She is a constant encourager and points out things that I don’t even know about myself and we pray together (sometimes). She doesn’t just say that I’m a blessing but that God has made me blessed and has his hand on me—and explained to me the difference. But she said being blessed comes with more expectation of me, and that can be a burden.


No Place For a Lady ~ The Jewel of His Heart, October, 2009


4 comments:

Maggie Brendan said...

Thanks for allowing me to tell you about my special friendship with Kelly Long. She's the best! I love Julie's spontaneity to pray at a moment's notice. Sounds like me and Kelly. Gotta love it!

Kay Dew Shostak said...

I am blessed to be in the critique group, Lott's Ladies, and get to see this wonderful friendship first hand. Kelly and Brenda are both delightful and exemplify a God-filled friendship!

Julie Lessman said...

Whoo-Hoo, Mags, we're on the same page together, but age before beauty, I noticed!!

Rel, this is such a cool idea, and I thank you for allowing me to be a part of it.

Mags, your friendship with Kelly sounds like a true gift from God!!

Hugs,
Julie

Tracy said...

I'm loving the opportunity to read through these again and really digest the sentiments expressed more fully. Thanks Rel...and you wonderful ladies who indulged Rel and jumped in with such enthusiasm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...